What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website remember information about your visit, which can make it easier to visit the site again and the site more useful to you.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below explain how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies – these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences, or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
The Cookies we use
- WordPress – If you visit our login page we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- WordPress -When you login we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days and screen option cookies last for one year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- GDPR Cookie Consent Banner
- Google Calendar – Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Calendar. The information is used to measure the number and behaviour of Google Calendar users, as well as information about which calendar you are viewing and which tab you are currently on. All the cookies are immediately deleted or expire within 4 months.
- Google Maps – Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. The information is used to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
- YouTube – required to allow YouTube embedded videos to run correctly.
- Twitter Module – required to allow the Twitter module to function correctly.
How we use your cookies
St John’s CE Primary School may request cookies to be set on your computer or device. Cookies are used to let us know when you visit our website, how you interact with us and to make your experience using the school website better for you. The cookies we collect will differ depending on what you are looking at on our website. You are able to adapt your cookie preferences, but by blocking certain types of cookie it may mean that your experience on the website is impacted.
We will ask for permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our checkout process).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to The Business Manager, St John’s CE Primary School, Brook Lane, Walsall, WS9 9NA.
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 26.02.2021