Fun at Edgmond
Edgmond Hall Information
What to take to Edgmond Hall...
We recommend that your child wears lots of layers during the colder months rather than just one thick jumper as they will need to keep warm outside but the accommodation is very warm.
We suggest that you pack WITH YOUR CHILD so that they know exactly what they are taking with them…not forgetting a favourite teddy!
Your child will also need a packed lunch for the first day. Please no fizzy drinks and pack in a disposable bag.
Welcome to Edgmond Hall
Welcome to Edgmond Hall
Edgmond Hall is one of four centres that make up Sandwell Residential Education Service. It was bought by Oldbury Council in 1936 and converted a year later. It has been a Centre for residential education for over 80 years!
Edgmond Hall is in Shropshire. It sits on the edge of the historic village of Edgmond. It was originally a Georgian Farm House and still reflects this in the Grade II listed main house and outbuildings. It is set in 45 acres of grounds; including woodland, meadow, orchard and old marshland habitats as well as having playing fields and more traditional gardens.
The main house accommodates up to 50 in comfortable dormitory style bedrooms split over two floors. The toilets and showers are located on each floor next to the bedrooms.
The staff bedrooms are on each floor located close to the dormitories to enable good supervision. There are staff bathroom facilities near to their bedrooms.
Edgmond cottage is situated next to the courtyard opposite the main house with 12 more beds. It is fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with additional needs.
Kit List - 2 Night Stay
Please pack a backpack with these things that children will need every day outside.
- Wellies for wearing outside (bring in a plastic bag)
- Coat or / and Waterproof Jacket / Waterproof Trousers
- Thick socks for inside wellies
- Hat, Scarf, and Gloves
- Water Bottle (named)
Please pack all other items in a small suitcase or bag. Please remember that children need to be able to carry this bag upstairs.
- Wash kit (soap, flannel, toothpaste and toothbrush)
- Sleepwear (not too warm!)
- Underwear and socks
- Slippers for the bedroom if you want
- 3-4 t-shirts / long sleeved t-shirts
- 2/3 x jumpers / fleece or warm long sleeved tops
- 2/3 x long trousers
- 1 x old trainers, arrive wearing these
- Plastic bag for dirty clothing
Please name all the things children bring. Just bring old clothes as children will be outdoors having fun and getting muddy!
Directions to Edgmond...
Follow Satnav using postcode below. Situated in Edgmond Village opposite St Peter’s Church:
41 High Street
Phone: 01952 810799
- Large playing field with adventure play ground
- Boot room and locker room for keeping belongings to use outside
- Dining room, staff room, cloakroom and toilets in the main house
- Indoor classroom spaces, including the large classroom in the old barn
- Indoor games room
- Toilets and handwashing in the courtyard for easy access outdoors
- Gift Shop – containing souvenirs.
- The old Billiard room, with tv, quiet games, blackboards and drawing materials.
- 17 seater minibus for exploring the local area.
We aim to provide food that the children will enjoy and that is broadly balanced. We encourage healthy eating by having fresh fruit and vegetables as part of the meals each day. We have a fixed menu, whilst also catering for those with specific dietary requirements using robust procedures.
Each day there is breakfast, a packed lunch, a cooked evening meal and hot chocolate and a homemade biscuit for supper. Children are well fed and don’t need to bring their own snacks!
We have an experienced and friendly team of tutors and support staff who are dedicated to:
- Providing a friendly, safe, homely environment
- Providing a high quality educational experience
- Working closely with visiting staff